©2019 by Kaikо̄ura Mountains to the Sea. Proudly created with Wix.com

Race Rules

Due to Health and Safety, wheeled conveyances (including wheelchairs, baby buggies, scooters, bikes, inline skates) cannot be used for all events. Accompanying animals are not allowed on the course. Headphones and personal music devices are strongly discouraged.

Event Cut-off Times

Marathon Course Cut-off times – Athletes must reach the main road bridge on the return leg by 3pm.

Competitors who do not make these cut off times will unfortunately not be permitted to continue due to time constraints.  Official Event Closure Time: Due to course management and road closure restrictions, the course will officially be closed to all runners and walkers at 5:00pm.

We welcome walkers in the Half Marathon, 10KM and 5km distances. Due to time constraints we do not allow walkers in the marathon event. We ask all walkers to start behind the runners in the designated section at the start line and give way to runners at all times.

Health & Safety

In the interest of providing a safe and enjoyable event experience for all entrants please take in to account the following:

  • 90% of the course is on trails of varying surface types (from gravel to packed dirt), away from roads. The other 10% is on roads that are OPEN to general traffic. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times.

  • Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right

  • Be courteous to your fellow participants at all times

  • Please obey instructions from race officials, volunteers and traffic management at all times

If you have to withdraw from the race please make your way to the next Aid Station and inform the race officials. If you are unable to continue due to a medical emergency, please ask your fellow competitors to inform the next visible race official or volunteer who will be able to inform medical services of your location.